10.1 DISTRICT SENIORITY – TEACHER
A. “Seniority” shall be defined as the length of a teacher’s continuous service within the District. (Any service prior to resignation will not be counted towards seniority.) Said service shall be computed from the first day of employment within the District. The “first day” shall be defined as the day upon which duties are first performed under contract.
B. Seniority will not accrue during any authorized leave of absence without pay except Service Leave of Absence. Seniority will not be interrupted due to excused absence or illness.
Teachers who are promoted or transferred out of the bargaining unit and subsequently returned to the bargaining unit without a break of service shall have their seniority computed from their first day of original employment.
Teachers who have had their continuous service interrupted by RIF shall, upon reinstatement, have their past seniority computed from the first day of original employment excluding any time which the teacher is on layoff.
1. Teachers rehired on a full-time basis shall have their seniority computed as per 10.1A.
2. Teachers rehired on less than a full-time basis shall have their seniority computed proportionate to the amount of time employed.
3. Those teachers not reinstated consistent with the guidelines established in 19.4C shall not be eligible for the above.
E. Beginning with the 1983-84 school year, regular certified teachers who elect less than full-time employment other than on a substitute basis shall have their seniority computed from the first day of their employment within the District, proportionate to the amount of time employed. Those teachers not reinstated consistent with the guidelines established in 21.C4 shall not be eligible for the above.
F. In the event district seniority is equal, the following procedures are to be utilized in order:
1. Consider previous teaching experience credit inside or outside the District as defined in Section 7.2 of the negotiated agreement. The individual with lesser experience is to be considered for transfer.
2. Consider education beyond the Bachelor’s degree. The individual with fewer approved college hours for incremental credit as identified in Article VIII is to be considered for transfer.
3. Consider the date of the letter from the Office of Human Resources indicating intent to recommend for employment, commonly referred to as “We are prepared” letter. The person with the later date indicating intent to recommend for employment shall be transferred first.
4. Any further ties in seniority shall be determined by drawing of lots.
10.2 MAINTAINING AND POSTING OF SENIORITY LISTS
The Board shall prepare, maintain and post the seniority list of all employees. The initial seniority list shall be prepared and posted conspicuously in all buildings of the district within 30 calendar days after the effective date of this Agreement with revisions and updates prepared and posted by February 1 of each year. A copy of the seniority list and subsequent revisions shall be furnished to the Association. Any employee disagreeing with his/her seniority placement shall respond, in writing, to the Superintendent and the Association President within 30 calendar days after the effective date of the posting. The list will furnish the name, date of employment, salary grade and step, years of employment, salary, longevity and building assignment for all employees covered by this Agreement.