Dear SEA Members,
At this week’s March 6th school board meeting, Superintendent Gill introduced a new partnership agreement between District 186 and Memorial Health Care Systems. The purpose of this partnership is to reduce SEA members’ out-of-pocket costs, improve and expand health services, and help keep premiums down.
The 186 Board of Education is expected to vote on this new partnership at the April 9th board meeting.
- will maintain their current insurance program and all associated benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- are still free to see physicians outside of the Memorial Services.
- must carry district insurance to access these benefits.
SEA members will receive a presentation of this new partnership with MHCS at our May 8th AR meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
- Zero co-pay at all five Memorial Health Care Clinics. (Current co-pay is $25)
- Free Virtual Care with SmartVisit 24/7. (Currently costs $40)
- Nurse concierge service to assist with scheduling of appointments and making referrals. (Currently not available)
- Free care coordination to align services and support members with more complex needs. (Currently not available)
- 5 free health and wellness events per year.
Yours in Education,